Monday, June 20, 2016

Food, Family, Friends

Week 2 not so bad! I'm getting used to taking my meals to work etc... and Angela & I have some really solid support from our friends and family. Even coworkers are keeping an eye out for me! 

I really liked the Asian pasta salad this week and the egg bake as well! Good stuff. I think my body is slowly realizing that I don't need to eat until I'm stuffed. I wish my brain could just catch up! 

What is super helpful for me is the support that my friends & family are providing. Eating a meal together is the ultimate communal event. The people you eat with are usually the closed to you and to have them support us in this journey is fantastic! 

So two key dates came up this week. Birthday and Father's day. In past years we would celebrate by going out to Fogo de Chao and eating my weight in meat, and in turn feeling horrible for the next 2-3 days! But this year we at together listening to the kids playing in the pool and enjoying each other's company. I was much less focused on the food and much more focused on the people.

Now to say I didn't make a reservation to Fogo for next father's day.... well I at least thought about it. There is a time and a place for meals like that and frankly we did it way to much.

Now my mind pivots back to the task at hand. Eating healthy and being active. I didn't have 3 workouts this week, but I had 2 and I spent all day Saturday sodding the yard, so that counts too! If yard work isn't real life what is!

I also think I found my saving grace for my sweet tooth. STEVIA. I knew about it but never really thought about it. A little stevia in some black tea fills that urge and I don't feel gross after drinking it! Very nice! 

'Til next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment